Being able to transform my shower into a spa-like experience is my idea of absolute bliss, so one can only imagine my elation upon hearing the words "aromatherapy shower kit." Immediately upon hearing those few words, pictures of a completely relaxed, zen-like me began dancing in my head. Needless to say, I could hardly wait to get my hands on this magical product that would allow me to turn my boring old shower time into an invigorating spa time. This magical product that I speak of is the Essio Aromatherapy Shower Kit. The kit includes a shower arm and essential oil pods and is exceptionally easy to use...honesty it took me less an a minute to attach the arm to my shower and insert the essential oil pod. Best of all? Set up required zero tools. After setting up was compete, all I had to do was turn on my shower water and tilt the pod into the stream of water and the essential oils began to diffuse into my shower. The first Essential Oil Pod that I tried was the Breathe blend, it was minty, refreshing and soothing and contains a blend of Cedarwood Atlas, Peppermint, Lemon, Eucalyptus. I am currently using the Unwind Essential Oil Pod, which is more of a citrusy floral scent containing a blend of Orange Sweet, Bergamot, Petitgrain, Lavender, Patchouli, Vetiver and is utterly relaxing. Even after I get out of the shower my entire bathroom still manages to smell positively delightful. The Essential Oil Pods last for about 3-5 showers each and when you're out, refills can be ordered at Essio Online. The Essential Oil Pods are 100% organic, pure and sourced from the finest oils in the world. They do not contain any harsh chemicals, synthetics or additives and both the Essio arm and essential pods are also 100% recyclable and disposable. I am not quite sure how Essio managed to create Essential Oil Pods that do not leave my skin or hair with an oily residue after I get out of the shower. This is one of the most genius products that I have tried in a very long time. And now that I have given Essio a try, I honestly do not think I can go back to taking showers without my daily dose of Essio Aromatherapy!
Subscribe to A Girl’s Gotta Spa! beauty blog. Watch our reviews on YouTube, see our pins on Pinterest and check us out on Instagram and G+. Got a Kindle? We’re on Kindle too!
Disclosure: Press sample
As the summer season is finally upon us, Josie Feria, Director of Lapis Spa at Fontainebleau, shows you how to bring luscious Lapis Spa treatments home and get rid of dry, unseen skin just in time for the warmer weather! Pre-Summer Body Exfoliation Simulates Spalicious Body Scrub Skin softening natural all body exfoliating treatment
- Ingredients: ½ cup olive oil, ¾ cup fine sea salt and drops of your favorite aromatherapy oil. Keep in mind the oil selected should be specific to treatment goal – citrus is energizing – lavender relaxing – peppermint stimulating
- Place all items in a bowl and blend together
- Next, step into the shower and moisten the body – apply the blend by hand in circular motion or for increased exfoliation apply with loofah mitt or body brush
- Rinse off thoroughly. Skin will feel smooth and soft and supple. For further hydration apply body lotion directly to moist skin
- Ingredients: ½ avocado, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Place all items in bowl and blend well together
- Apply the mixture to your face and leave on for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse off with warm water
- Begin by soaking feet in ¼ cup baking soda to reduce inflammation and cleanse feet thoroughly for 10 minutes
- Using a wet pumice stone rub heels thoroughly yet gently to remove dry callous
- Next, apply coconut oil to feet
- Finally, wrap feet in plastic and cover with soft socks for 30 minutes. The plastic and warmth will help the oil to soften the skin.