Preventing dreaded winter skin can be a challenge, and harsh climates do little for the appearance. However, those looking to stay radiant this season can turn to ESPA at Vdara Hotel & Spa. This relaxation destination houses several beauty experts, including Lead Aesthetician Alisa Vidaurri who comes withan arsenal of beauty tips, whether it’s within the luxurious Las Vegas spa or from the comfort of your own home.
Below are some winter care remedies, including both sophisticated treatments available at ESPA and do-it-yourself home regimens to protect and invigorate the face, scalp and immune system from winter’s winds:
· Indulge: ESPA’s Advanced Enzyme Facial, an exfoliation and anti-inflammatory treatment, uses organic elements to sustain the skin’s natural glow. This gentle peel won’t irritate the skin and includes all natural ingredients, including Australian wild lime species and sugar cane, to reveal a smooth, illuminating glow.
· DIY: Alisa’s top tip for brightening winter skin? Exfoliate! This can be as simple as using a washcloth to wipe away dead skin, or trying natural products such as pumpkin, which is the main element infused in the Advanced Enzyme Facial at ESPA.
· Indulge: In the absence of humidity, the intensive Pink Hair & Scalp Mud at ESPA leaves the scalp feeling refreshed and hair soft and shiny. ESPA’s signature conditioner’s key ingredients include red clay and apricot kernel oil to soothe and nourish the scalp.
· DIY: Snow isn’t the only white flake that comes around during the winter. If a trip to the spa isn’t an option, Alisa says treating these flakes at home can be done by combining coconut, olive and tea tree oil. After mixing the three components together throughout damp hair, leave the treatment in for 20 minutes and rinse with cool water.The scalp will be thoroughly conditioned to prevent dandruff.
· Indulge: The common cold doesn’t only bring the sniffles, but can leave the brightest face looking lackluster. ESPA’s Resistance Bath and Body Oil is a non-medicinal blend of tea tree and eucalyptus essential oils in an almond base used to heal dark eye circles and brighten dull skin. This balance of ingredients not only cures ailing skin, but also supports and strengthens the immune system.
· DIY: To boost the immune system and create cold-resistant skin, Alisa suggests home ingredients such as almonds, which are filled with vitamins to prevent inflammation. Another remedy is indulging in a daily dose of red wine, packed with antioxidants to fight off sickness.
If you felt these tips were helpful, be sure to Like, Tweet and Pin this post!
Subscribe to A Girl’s Gotta Spa! beauty blog. Watch our reviews on YouTube, see our pins on Pinterest and check us out on Instagram and G+. Got a Kindle? We’re on Kindle too!