*This post is sponsored by Exzo. Opinions are my own.*detox teatox cleanse in December as a way to avoid the pre-Christmas bloat that is often brought on by the excessive amount of festive dinners and drinks in the lead up to Christmas. I wanted to see whether Exzo’s Clenzo Herbal Blend Tea would actually make me feel different during the busiest and most indulgent month of the year (you know, since most detox teas require you to eat nothing but kale and claim that the tea is the reason you’re feeling on top of the world after 7 days.) I also tried not to read up too much about how I ‘should’ feel when I take the tea, because I didn’t want to unintentionally be influenced about how the tea made me feel. Yes, this may seem like an unconventional approach but I wanted to really test the tea and I’m happy to say that I was seriously impressed with the way I felt! Usually at the end of December I feel worn out, bloated and generally unhealthy. And with a trip to Mauritius at the end of the month, I wanted to see whether using Exzo would make the idea of wearing a bikini in just a couple of weeks’ time, feel a bit less daunting. I did however try to avoid alcohol and refined sugar, but in all honesty the tea banished cravings and helped keep me on track. The first thing I noticed about the Clenzo blend was the taste – it was delicious! Unlike some herbal blends it didn’t taste like grass, but instead had a refreshing, lemongrass flavour with a hint of goji berry and ginger. I genuinely looked forward to my next cup (recommended 3 times a day during a 7 day cleanse.) The second thing I noticed was how calm I became, I felt so relaxed. This surprised me because I remember when I tried a different detox tea years ago I began feeling a bit dizzy and anxious. After the teatox when I researched the ingredients, I learned that this was due to the high GABA content, which is a neurotransmitter that naturally calms the body and helps reduce stress. I felt alert – even though December was packed with late nights, during the week that I tried Exzo tea I noticed that I concentrated more on tasks I was doing and was not as easily distracted. Exzo banished all cravings for sweet or unhealthy food and stabilised my blood sugar. It made me feel lighter and full of energy and the thought of a fatty meal or junk food was the last thing I felt like. I noticed that my usual 3pm trip to the office pantry was replaced with a trip to the kettle – the tea is not designed to be a meal replacement, but I noticed that I began snacking less. Clenzo is also not a laxative, meaning that you are guaranteed no damage to the digestive system and any weight loss you notice is real instead of the dehydrating and mineral eliminating laxative effects that come with other detox teas (which can contain harmful ingredients, such as Senna.) The great thing about Exzo is it can be used whenever you like and alongside any diet – you don’t have to use it purely for a 7, 14 or 21 day cleanse. Whether you want to avoid packing on the kilos in December or start the year off a bit lighter, Exzo is the perfect solution. It is packed with energy boosting and bloat busting ingredients making it the perfect addition to any healthy lifestyle. These natural ingredients include Oolong, dried ginger root, nettle leaf, goji berries, liquorice root, fennel seeds, lemongrass, ginseng and garcinia cambogia. Exzo herbal tea is also eco-friendly (yay!) and contains no harmful ingredients. I would highly recommend Exzo and I personally can’t wait to start another 7 day cleanse to kick start 2017 with a healthy bang…and to make up for all the curries and noodles I had whilst on holiday… Subscribe to A Girl’s Gotta Spa! beauty blog. Watch our reviews on YouTube, see our pins on Pinterest and check us out on Instagram. Got a Kindle? We’re on Kindle too!
National day(s) of complete diet obliteration ...also known as "the holidays," is almost upon us. As much as I am looking forward to unlimited pumpkin pie and stuffing, I know that beginning the day after Thanksgiving, all I am going to want to do is detox. This year I am one step ahead of the game with Teami Skinny Tea. Teami Skinny Tea combines a blend of natural ingredients meant to boost metabolism, improve digestive problems and help to suppress cravings to help achieve weight loss goals. Teami Skinny Tea is a loose-leaf tea that contains Oolong, Yerba Mate, Lime leaf Extract, Lotus leaf, Ginger Root, Dandelion leaf, Rhubarb Root and is gluten free, GMO free, dairy free and sugar free. Unlike a lot of detox/weight loss teas that I have tried, Teami Skinny Tea does not have a laxative effect nor does it make me feel jittery or over caffeinated. I drink this tea first thing in the morning and have definitely noticed a decrease in my cravings for sugar and carbs, as well as feeling and looking less bloated after meals. I would highly recommend getting the insanely cute Teami Tea Infuser to go with your Teami Skinny Tea. The infuser has really small holes so that your tea leaves do not end up floating in your cup. Genius. Will you be including tea into your daily detox and weight loss plan? Subscribe to A Girl’s Gotta Spa! beauty blog. Watch our reviews on YouTube, see our pins on Pinterest and check us out on Instagram and Twitter. Got a Kindle? We’re on Kindle too! *Disclosure: press sample
- Start your morning with a tall glass of water with the juice of ½ of a lemon. Lemon helps re-hydrate the system and promotes digestion, which will help the flow of waste out of your body.
- Decrease your sugar intake, including honey, molasses and artificial sweeteners. If you eat more sugar, you ask your body for more insulin, straining your pancreas and wearing yourself out. In the long term, this kind of habit can cause you to become chronically fatigued, diabetic, develop cancer, and pack on excess weight.
- Eat more rice products and less wheat and processed grain. Eat more garbanzo and mung beans. Certain foods contain nutrition that enhances the liver's ability to clear toxins from the body.
- Eat as much fresh organic fruits and vegetables as possible, especially leafy greens, carrots, beets, broccoli, cucumbers, garlic, onions, artichokes and peppers. Certain foods contain nutrition that enhances the liver's ability to clear toxins from the body.
- Use unheated flax seed oil instead of other cooking oils.
- Eat vitamin C-rich foods to help detoxify your liver and strengthen the immune system against toxic exposure.
- Make sure you have adequate amounts of vitamins D, E and K in your diet. Many people are deficient in these vitamins that play a key role in antioxidant function.
- Sweat. Sweating is a natural way for the body to get rid of toxins. Whether through aerobic exercise, heated yoga, a sauna or otherwise, sweat daily.
- Make sure you drink plenty of filtered water during and after your workout to replace the water loss.
- Eat more foods with amino acids such as grass-fed meat, wild fish, cage-free eggs, milk and legumes. Amino acids have a special ability to attach themselves to toxins and drag them out of the body.
- Meditate. Creating a quiet, calm and focused mind helps eliminate toxins that build up in the mind.
- Exercise. Regular exercise encourages circulation in the blood and lymph system, enhances digestion, reduces tension, lubricates the joints, and strengthens the body. People who exercise regularly have far fewer total toxins in their systems.